23 January 2012

DIY Pallet Shelf

I finally got to make a couple project with the pallest I picked up a few months ago.  Mom helped me a lot and I am so please with the way they turned out! 

The funniest part though was that we did all of the cutting and nailing in the living room-it was too cold outside to saw and hammer so I just layed a sheet down in the living room. HA!



Huey was trying to help...

So after some cutting, nailing and hanging this is the end result:







I loveee the way it turned out. 

And I also made a mini-shelf for my bathroom.

Our bathroom is TINY.  In our bedroom, we just have a half bath (thank you 1960's) and it should be called a 1/8 bath because it's so little...so I need all the storage I can get.

Here's what the counter looked like before I made the shelf, and then there is an after photo too.  I used to store my hairdryer and straightener on the bath towel holder.  Sad.

(The lighting in our bathroom is horrid.  The walls are this awful white/yellow color and the light fixture is definately 40 years old, at least...so I apologize for the poor lighting.)



The counter before I had the shelf: full of stuff!   And the picture on the right is after I had the shelf to store my hair products!


It now holds my hair essentials and I am so happy!!! No more ghetto jimmy riggin' on the towel bar!

Happy Monday, friends!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love pallets! I mad a pallet coffee table for my apt, painted white with casters on the bottom and a piece of glass for the top. very modern/industrial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that this is not too long to ask since your original post....how did you hang the shelves? What hardware did you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ghetto jimmy riggin'?

    ReplyDelete